Torrent File?

Hello!

I would like to ask if there is a torrent file of this game so I can download it because the 1st torrent I have is I think outdated?

Thanks in advance!

Developer

Hello. You must use our launcher to download our game. It supports file repair thus while you try to install from the Installing client it will automatically update to our client version.

It would be great to have a torrent to download. I’m using your launcher, and my download speed gets stuck at 200kbps. And it’s not my connection, i’m downloading another game using torrent and steam at 3mbps.

The launcher acts like a torrent client itself, so you’re basically downloading a torrent anyway.
Don’t know if it would make any difference if there was an actual .torrent file though. :thinking:

last edited by Eerye

well, i dont know why, but my download speed is pretty low using the launcher, even using the torrent file that’s inside the launcher temporary files… i wonder if i can download the original game from south america and then install ogrefest client, does anyone knows if i can do that? they have a fast .torrent file, and is just 35gb in a rar file…

last edited by Wiplash

I mean it’s possible but you would have to download around 30GB worth of data anyway via our launcher. While it’s certainly smaller than the whole game it’s still pritty big, and would still take ages to download if your down speed is horrible which I do not get at all. :thinking:
But you can try if you wish.

last edited by Eerye

I have the same issue, other torrents and Steam running at 3 - 4 mb/s but the launcher doesn’t go over 200 - 250kb/s and at time it drops down to around 80 kb/s.

Guess, I’ll just leave it running and wait for the download to finish eventually.

Someone managed to get better speed with a VPN. Try SoftEther or some other VPN software, hopefully it’ll improve your speeds enough to download the game in just a few days or something.

@Eerye said in Torrent File?:

SoftEther

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot :)

Don’t know if it’s okay for me to be posting here or not but I have a download speed of 6MB-8MBps and it said it would finish downloading in about 1 1/2 hours. I left it downloading for 4 hours, it still said 1 1/2 hours. I left my PC running before automatically shutting down 3 hours later and now it still says 1 1/2 hours left until finished. I calculated how long it would take and it’s not showing the correct download speed I assume because if it was then the 50GB would’ve been downloaded already. It’s at 38.1% complete and it gets 1% more every 5 minutes or so. If it was truly MB and not Mb then it would have been downloaded already. Especially after nearly 8 hours of having it run nonstop.
I would use the retail launcher but it was giving me slow speeds of about 2Mbps while yours was showing 7MBps. I’m not sure how that’s even remotely correct honestly because if it was, it would have already been ready. Am I really downloading it at 7MBps or is it 7Mbps? I can’t tell, and don’t know how to.

You realize that speed isnt constant? Not saying the speed showed isnt bogus (actually wouldnt be surprised if it did) but since its a torrent it depends on seeds, connections etc so it might fluctuate alot. You did well in not using the official as to play here you would still have to re-download 30gb aprox and could get plagued with the <null> errors some ppl been having.

@Morte209 Think that has to do with it downloads then spends time verifying content and then rechecking constantly… the asians messed up on consistency ;)

Well, eventually I said fuck it and just used the BDO launcher. Reason why is because I used the Ogre Launcher and after 13+ hours of downloading it was still saying that it was 1 1/2 hours until it finished. I let my BDO launcher run and download for about maybe 8 hours and it finished downloading. It finished before the 8 hours but I had already passed out and set my computer for an automatic shutdown after 6. (I let it run for 2 hours before setting up the auto shutdown) It only needed like 4-5 hours total to completely download which is more than 20+ hours needed to download BDO from the Ogre Launcher.

@Morte209 said in Torrent File?:

Well, eventually I said fuck it and just used the BDO launcher. Reason why is because I used the Ogre Launcher and after 13+ hours of downloading it was still saying that it was 1 1/2 hours until it finished. I let my BDO launcher run and download for about maybe 8 hours and it finished downloading. It finished before the 8 hours but I had already passed out and set my computer for an automatic shutdown after 6. (I let it run for 2 hours before setting up the auto shutdown) It only needed like 4-5 hours total to completely download which is more than 20+ hours needed to download BDO from the Ogre Launcher.

Good for you (no sarcasm intended) just dont complain when you get <null> errors like everyone that downgraded had, and btw from ~50gb youll still have to download ~30gb so the difference wouldnt be much.

I honestly don’t know if I’ll even play on here because I can’t just leave my computer running nonstop for over 24 hours just to hope that all this servers files will download to my computer. It’ll end up costing me more than it’s worth in electricity.

You dont have to. The ogrefest client behaves like a torrent client, meaning you cant just shut it down any time and resume download at a latter time, it will recheck the files it already downloaded to ensure its all ok and continue from where it stopped.

The launcher is horrible. I am sorry but ugh I downloaded GTA V which is about the same size in 1 hour and half and it takes 5 hours to download BD through OgreFest ? Come on! It’s either the servers or the launcher but after a fair amount of time since OgreFest has been online you’d think they’d have a decent server by now. This is not the way to gain more players if you make them wait so long to get in the game while most of them actually have a decent speed on the download and imagine the worst case scenario, you wait so long for the game and then BAM “files are corrupted”. That’s a lost player who goes and tells the others NOT to play here and so on and on.

I suggest you work on that. Other than that the game is great and I thank you and appreciate all your hard effort to make it work.

Never heard of anyone having corrupt files, some people had trouble cuz of downgrading but that is due to the being too many changes, also this is a torrent know how it works? No seeds no download even if your connection is amazing, that being said i do agree that with the amount of complains about downloading speeds with would be about time to just offer an alternative download source, maybe if i got the time ill see if i can share a copy of the files.

Looks like your connection to OgreFest | Black Desert Online Private Server was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.