Patch 1.3 - AI, Damage & RNG

Hey there! Past few days we have been working on bug-fixes, though it has come to our attention that this cannot be delayed by priorities and must be released to public.

Please keep in mind that we are going to do an alpha test to help to iron out the bugs in the new systems that we are working on.

Game:

• Rewritten AI logic algorithms. [ALPHA-TEST, BUGS LISTED BELOW]
  • Fixed a bug in movement engine where monsters would teleport onto a player rather than moving towards the player.
  • Optimized server resources usage by having new AI algorithms.
  • Increased Node drop rate from 10% to 20%.
  • Fixed a bug where accessories would not scale in PvE.
  • Rewritten PvE formula thus it will be easier to kill monsters from this point on.

Developer notes:
As our team changed, we have been struggling to deliver content updates to OgreFest. We have started by changing something that has been overlooked and we liked to address the issues.

Starting with the new RNG algorithms, the biggest change is that, from now on, it will be a more wider generation range than previously, resulting in more consistent drops for players.

Old algorithm:
0_1505321020395_upload-70e3917c-de52-4063-96a0-0048ebb9d435

New algorithm:
0_1505321033448_upload-bf3ec2b5-ee5d-458f-b159-b9015a4058b2

To accommodate these changes, we have implemented node based drop rates. At first we thought that 10% would be a good start, but later we have noticed that it was too low, because of the new algorithm, thus we have increased it to original game standards, which is 20%.

Regarding the damage algorithms, for sure it is smaller right now! It hasn’t been balanced after awakening, because of this issue:
Whenever you had an awakening weapon equipped, it’s power would be equipped onto the main weapon skills, resulting in AP + AWP = Total AP. By making a change of 30% AP and 70% AWP, we were able to achieve a balance between these two in different weapon states.

We are still going to adjust player versus player formulas as the time goes by, but for now, we are currently investigating what would be the best approach into it.

Regarding the new AI systems, we have currently noticed few bugs:

• Some monsters are not targettable.
  • Monsters would stutter or move slower than usual.
  • Monsters are not aggroing when you come near one.
  • Not being able to summon some scrolls.

These issues are known and we have decided to put a stop into stuck monster abusing therefore we have rushed to release the new AI system in Alpha form. Everything will be resolved as the time goes by. If there are any bugs, or some new crashes that are legitimate, please create a bug report with [AI] tag.

last edited by TheObserver

“Starting with the new RNG algorithms, the biggest change is that, from now on, it will be a more wider generation range than previously, resulting in more consistent drops for players.”

I find it that the drop rate has gone down hill so much, it its impossible to farm anything anymore. I have level 10 nodes and rank S on the mobs in places i farm. I am struggling to find anything like I used to, and i know its “rng” but this is just not the same. It feels like the drop rate is a lot worse. :frowning:

Administrator

@Fatality We’ll do some more digging to make sure the algorithms are ideal for the Ogrefest Community soon. I know that immediately one of our biggest priorities at the moment is fixing AI. It is such an impactful part of the game. Nonetheless, we’ll knock them out one by one :dagger:

Hello, there was one problem, after the call of the ancient relic nothing happens, the bosses do not appear, I spent 2 scrolls. What to do ???

WTF? Hello, there was one problem, after the call of the ancient relic nothing happens, the bosses do not appear, I spent 2 scrolls. What to do…Now I can not call other bosses WTF

@Z3 said in Patch 1.3 - AI, Damage & RNG:

WTF? Hello, there was one problem, after the call of the ancient relic nothing happens, the bosses do not appear, I spent 2 scrolls. What to do…Now I can not call other bosses WTF

Read #announcements in Discord or on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/OgrefestOnline/status/908024130729062401

Game Master

@Z3 Or actually read the patch notes you’re commenting on…

Regarding the new AI systems, we have currently noticed few bugs:

• Not being able to summon some scrolls.

I’m Russian and I do not know English

you know enough to understand ‘scrolls dont work’

Looks like your connection to OgreFest | Black Desert Online Private Server was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.