Adjustment to how pearls are earned

As it stands, playtime is the only consistent source for pearls. Most players are obviously wanting to buy pearls in bulk, for outfits (that are outrageously overpriced for what they do(which is nothing) I might add)but donation is down (for now). This is my idea on the best way pearl earning can be revised, this way will promote Active Gameplay rather than leveling stamina and horses for 20 hours just to be able to afford 1-2 items. A strong incentive for players to stay motivated and look forward to their own personal future in OgreFest.

Firstly, cutting the pearl count to 12/hr rather than 16/hr. This will indeed anger some players, but it will also deter them from feeling like they have to afk just to afford anything. (I understand that some players can’t play longer than 2-4 hours a day)

Second, is creating a Daily (weekly for some) Goal System for earning pearls. Goals for every type of player, for example: (Pearl reward count is purely for examples)

• Kill 850 Helms Post Mobs = 30 Pearls
  • Kill 1,300 Shultz Mobs = 50 Pearls
  • Gather 150 Maple Logs (account wide goal) = 60 Pearls
  • Complete 5 Daily Quests in Serendia = 20 Pearls
  • Process X amount of [Item from Processing] = 18 Pearls (Pearl count depending on rarity of item?)
  • For every 5 Horse levels gained after 15 = 20 Pearls (60 Pearls total) this is for those who can only AFK

Simple Achievable goals like these will most definitely increase active player activity, and will give players something to do daily rather than just world boss and afk till next boss spawn.

The Staff of OgreFest can even promote a “True Rookie Package” by offering Absolutely New players pearl rewards for one time things like:

• Discover Heidel = 65 Pearls
  • Discover Calpheon = 70 Pearls
  • Discover Altinova = 80 Pearls
  • Discover Valencia = 120 Pearls

Of course though, players can attempt to exploit this by creating multiple new accounts, completing these goals and sending themselves pearl items. Obviously, the Dev’s would have to be more strict on IP Addresses with multiple accounts.

But what if players use a VPN to play on the new account?

• I’m pretty sure they’ll just gift it to their main account anyway > track from there ezpz

Lastly, it’s absolutely impossible to see this method of earning pearls as “P2W” because there’s no paying involved, and absolutely everyone can earn the same amount of pearls as another player with enough time and effort, not just time.

last edited by Salvation

I prefer the system of falling out of pearls from monsters

There is nothing wrong with the current system. Getting pearls while you level is nice for new players, casual players and afk players. Or if you are like me, prefer the farming and the node building aspect of the game rather than PvE or PvP, then afk pearl drop is perfect.

Also the drop rate for getting a pack of 16 isn’t that bad. Just farm and getting those extra pearls.

The current rate for 4hr afk you get 64 which isn’t much, but better than forcing players to do the same daily quest over and over to get pearls. Repeating quests and mobs is a total bore.

last edited by BlackOgre

I think this shouldn’t be a daily quest, because you are limited to earn every day pearly for the same quests and killing over 1000 mobs for 50 pearls… Well for me this is quite too few tbh. I would rather increase pearls for every hour or a half hour online time, because there are much people which can’t play that long and don’t have much money, to buy pearls. And those people would be penalized because they get fewer pearls than before.
I don’t see the sence in doing a weekly quest for 60 pearls. The pearls acquired in afk in one week are much more than 60 pearls. I would say there should be an item which can be dropped at a certain rate which you could exchange for pearls with a non-daily repeatable quest, which you can accept as soon as this quest is finished, so you can decide yourself how much you want to do to earn pearls.
Or similar to one of your suggested quests, to kill some mobs for getting pearls. But i would either raise the amount of pearls as reward, or lower the count of mobs which have to be killed for getting pearls.

And based on the reward for a certain amount of horse levels… Raising the pearl’s amount would be more of a motivation. The rate of gaining horse EXP is quite high but this time spend for horse above 25 is still quite a high amount of time (not as much as in retail, though), which is being needed. The reward of 60 pearls seems quite low for me as a motivation, especially when training tier 8 horses.
But I really like your idea though.

@reflexzz All of the pearl counts as rewards were all for examples. The amount would be based off of the Dev team’s judgement. The daily goal system to earn pearls allows for flexibility, and a different goal every day (Or every reset), it doesn’t have to just be kill quests every day.

@Salvation Ah okay, i thought you meant that with the amount of pearls seriously :p
And I would say the quests should be resetted every time the foregoing quests are finished :3 so you are really motivated to play active, and not just going online for dailies and going afk or even offline again ._.
what do you think about that?

Wow, thank you for writing in such a detail.

This will allow player to travel more and grind more actively and still have fun.
This is great idea.

I suggest to increase the amount you get from drops to 100 and it seem to very rarely to ever drop when farming.

Could we get any respond on this idea or any other idea which would allow us to get pearls differently than now? I think the pearls for some quests or for killing certain amount of mobs would give us more motivation to do things in the game. Sometimes i feel like the server is slowly dying, with ocasional spikes of new people comming. But there are not much interesting things that would make new player more interested in staying.

@fluffypolarbear I agree that pearls/hr has been quite stale for a hot minute now and can drive players away from the fun of having to hop on and have something to do every day. Rather than feeling the need to leave their game on for the entirety of their day in order to get something from the pearl shop without donating.
However, I would also understand the team not responding to this just yet since it would be such a critical change in the server. Much would have to be debated about how they can alter this idea to properly fit the server, and avoid exploiters. Also, this idea would probably only be considered after the Core Re-write has been finished and deployed. (Not unless it was already deployed tho) Since this would probably be something extreme to code and create a reasonably working system of it.

I am against the pearls decrease.
Private servers are not for making it harder, they are for making it easier. I dont have enough time to waste it into the game, thats why i am playing privates now. The daily missions would be cool btw.

last edited by Nubekpl

Looks like your connection to OgreFest | Black Desert Online Private Server was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.