Patch 1.6 - Accuracy, AI bug fixes [Updated]

Hey there! Today we have rolled out a small patch to fix up some bugs in the movement engine that caused a lot of issues.

Game:

• !!EXPERIMENTAL!! Changes in movement engine for AI controlled creatures to select path more efficiently and not cause people to crash in certain areas. UPDATED
  • Fixed AI logic mistakes that caused monsters to be stuck in one position or perform undefined behavior.
  • Fixed AI distance calculations.
  • Fixed a bug where monsters would go underground due incorrect geodata offset calculation.
  • Fixed horse taming. UPDATED
  • !!EXPERIMENTAL!! Accuracy formula has been changed.

Developers notes: This week we have been focusing on finishing on updating the AI logic due to monsters keep getting stuck, we are not able to push out our custom updates that we would really like to do, but instead, by reworking the AI logic, we are now able to see a brighter future. It’s been a tough week for OgreFest, especially after breaking half of the game by touching the AI. We will try to continue to improve it and polish it over-time.

We have also noticed that accuracy has been a problem in OgreFest, it has been mainly noticed by having a ton of zero damage counters on the screen, where they should not have been there. Please note that this change is an experimental thing and we are still working on to improve it. It will be also using the new RNG system that is currently being used on item drops.

We will continue monitoring these changes, fix and improve.

If you still haven’t played here, we hope seeing you in the future, in our server.
Thank you for playing in OgreFest!

last edited by TheObserver

Accuracy is quite noticeable now, thank you :)

Mobs are simply standing there while I attack them, Elric and Helms at least.

All of them, the respawn rate of them is also broken

It will be checked, thanks!

the monsters did not attack us, the game is easily boring… please correct this problem

@DanielTavaresB I would need areas that aren’t responding to any attacks. It is really insufficient information to even begin with.

@TheObserver said in Patch 1.6 - Accuracy, AI bug fixes [Updated]:

@DanielTavaresB I would need areas that aren’t responding to any attacks. It is really insufficient information to even begin with.

the vast majority of them, and the bosses are also having trouble attacking. But I can try to list the occurrence areas of these bugs.

@DanielTavaresB said in Patch 1.6 - Accuracy, AI bug fixes [Updated]:

the vast majority of them, and the bosses are also having trouble attacking. But I can try to list the occurrence areas of these bugs.

You’re talking about the ai before the last restart and update. The mobs are working just fine now

@Fatality said in Patch 1.6 - Accuracy, AI bug fixes [Updated]:

@DanielTavaresB said in Patch 1.6 - Accuracy, AI bug fixes [Updated]:

You’re talking about the ai before the last restart and update. The mobs are working just fine now

They’re not!

They’re extremely buggy in Hexe and many other areas. Sometimes they’re ok but most of the time they aren’t.

Yeah they went retarded again after some time :(

It will be solved eventually. We are still running experiments with patterns that we should use that is most efficient and not time consuming.

We believe that we have traced the issue on why monsters are not reacting as they should and it will be pushed to live servers momentarily.

It will be solved eventually. We are still running experiments with patterns that we should use that is most efficient and not time consuming.

We believe that we have traced the issue on why monsters are not reacting as they should and it will be pushed to live servers momentarily.

Thank you all for the hard work! 💛

thank you so much

I started the Sorcerer class, but the Claws of Darkness skill (S + Left-click … I also tried using the slot skill as requested by the tutorial) is not working, I am already several hours and does not execute the skill!

Thank you all for the attention.

Hi, all the class skill tutorial at beginning is similar to the topic here. You need higher level to unlock the said skill.

p.s. this topic is regarding patch 1.6, you can find suitable category to post for next time though. :thumbsup:

last edited by 6RokuVI

@6RokuVI Thx!

I got it! I was in level 4, I decided to level up to level 7 and I ran the training again and it worked. Basically, if you do not have the correct level, even in training, the skills will not work.

My mistake!

Thank you!

Looks like your connection to OgreFest | Black Desert Online Private Server was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.