Permanent Red Player

What if by choice you could lock your karma and not regain any when killing mobs?
I suggest that we could get either,

(1) Get an item from an NPC or Pearl shop, when upon using negates Karma Regen for 24 hours.

(2) Have a button on the ESC screen that could Temporarily lock Karma when Negative and resets upon Player Hit.

(3)When in the Player Info screen, have the option to lock karma once you were below 0

What do you guys think? Let me know down below.

last edited by Zon472
Community Manager

That’s actually something we have to consider, but we are still thinking about the methods we are going to take.

Currently we have implemented that you will not lose karma when you attack a red player -> this counters red players at world boss as some are afraid to kill the red player because he/she will lose karma.

We have thought about making the Jail not desert-only but global and by doing labor work the player would be able to go back to 0 karma and start over.

The current idea with pearl shop / npc is something that players would consider “p2w” form few aspects also please keep in mind that we can modify the UI to the minimum right now.

“We have thought about making the Jail not desert-only but global and by doing labor work the player would be able to go back to 0 karma and start over.”

I could see that working in order to combat Red Players, but the topic was for Red Players being able to stay red, so they could do PvE content as well. I do like that idea though! Would give others a reason to go after Red Players.

“The current idea with pearl shop / npc is something that players would consider “p2w” form few aspects also please keep in mind that we can modify the UI to the minimum right now.”

I’m not sure how a scroll that everyone could access be targeted as p2w since almost everyone gets free Pearls and has a way to make silver. If that’s the case, why not try these ideas

(1) Make the scroll craftable, nothing too difficult, but easy to access, so that people can make tons of them and make the scrolls last for an hour or so.
(2) Make it to where losing karma becomes a debuff, and cannot be regenerated for a certain amount of time, to punish Player Killers. Example: 1 player kill = 1 Debuff for 30 minutes. Change how you will, but that’s the idea.

@Lahn

This will definitely fix “the problem” for some time.

But if sometime NodeWars will be implemented this will become huge problem. Going to Jail right in the middle of fight it is not what it supposed to be.

Better to implement some strong debuff when you have died with carma. Something like -200AP/DP for 10 min. This will let player to do everything not combat related.

And ofc not lose karma when you attack a red player is what meant to be. All karma systems build so (but not blackdesert, don’t know why).

P.S. Maybe combine this two. If carma < -300000 = debuff; else -> go to Jail.

last edited by Lavayar

Looks like your connection to OgreFest | Black Desert Online Private Server was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.