More impactful lifeskills

Right now it’s really hard to compete against how much you can get as a grinder with just lifeskilling.
BDOs market is based on the idea that everything that you dedicate your time doing, will be worth it.
I had some thoughts on how this could be improved, without just flat out increasing the overall amount of items you get.

I think an interesting way of rewarding dedicated life skillers more would be increasing the amount of lucky procs they get as they level up.
This already exists to some extent, but the higher you progress into the skill levels, the less you get from further progression.
For example, right now you get nothing (as far as I’m aware) for hitting Guru.
The idea is that since all the lucky procs you get a free profit, since they require no extra materials or energy, this would make it much more profitable and rewarding the more time you dedicate to your trade.
Super-high level lifeskillers should be impactful to the market just like how a really geared player can easily churn out 100s of millions of silver a week just from grinding.

It’s not like lifeskilling is really bad at the moment, but a change like this would definitely make it compete with grinding, and give people a reason to level up their lifeskills other than necessity.

Just add Golden Backpack in using lifeskills and Golden Puppy with a high chance to get to entice lifeskillers to gather more.

And you can add Golden Daggers as a random drop to players who kill mobs with a low chance to drop…

@kidopitz27 said in More impactful lifeskills:

Just add Golden Backpack in using lifeskills and Golden Puppy with a high chance to get to entice lifeskillers to gather more.

And you can add Golden Daggers as a random drop to players who kill mobs with a low chance to drop…

I feel adding that amount of raw silver to the equation would inflate the economy really fast, so not sure if that’s such a good idea.

last edited by Marcus3213

sharp and hard shard increase would be better

Well either that gold stuff that inflate the economy or just enable Trading. Trading alone can make the economy inflate.

Hell even without Trading inflation just happened in last quarter of 2017 a +15 Giath Helm cost 73m (Max price) silver now a clean one (0+) is already 83m. (Max price).

I’m a life skiller myself but i just stopped gathering because farming Scarla , Ancient Guardian Seal and Witch Earring is more profitable to melt for sharps and hards than gathering with a low low low low chance of hards and sharps. I got 458 Energy and used all of it and all i got is 5 hards and 1 sharp.

@kidopitz27 said in More impactful lifeskills:

Well either that gold stuff that inflate the economy or just enable Trading. Trading alone can make the economy inflate.

Hell even without Trading inflation just happened in last quarter of 2017 a +15 Giath Helm cost 73m (Max price) silver now a clean one (0+) is already 83m. (Max price).

I’m a life skiller myself but i just stopped gathering because farming Scarla , Ancient Guardian Seal and Witch Earring is more profitable to melt for sharps and hards than gathering with a low low low low chance of hards and sharps. I got 458 Energy and used all of it and all i got is 5 hards and 1 sharp.

I wholeheartedly agree that the current rewards are far too low, but I think we gotta be careful when adding raw silver to the market.
I think adding value is a much better solution. (and maybe some raw silver)

Looks like your connection to OgreFest | Black Desert Online Private Server was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.