Weight Limit Feature

As many of you know already, the pearl inventory is account based, letting you purchase weight on one character and using said weight purchases on another character. This lets you get a large amount of weight on one character, making life easier. @Salvation has posted on bug reports that this is an exploit. If it is an exploit and not intended, I would like to petition that this feature remain in the game, allowing everyone to increase their weight capacity to the desired limit. This helps the server as it would increase pearl donations therefore helping the server stay afloat, as well as making life easier for all players on this server.

A lot of players have increased weight and if this feature were removed, it would negatively impact the server as a whole. The price of 1LT is 2.2 pearls at the cheapest, which takes a lot of time to accumulate. Older players who have been loyal to the server for a long time would be negatively impacted the most. Please consider this petition to keep the weight limit feature in the game.

Thank you.

@qwirkz Good job, taking the first steps into a better, more sound server :raised_hands_tone2:

I do agree that this should be clearly Voiced as an intended feature / selling point. If this were to be announced on the Rates & Features I do believe that the growth of OgreFest would be exponentially beneficial from it.

I completely agree. This should be a feature of the server.
I don’t really see it as game breaking. It just allows players to farm longer than normal.
Since cron stones have been introduced, the server is going into a recession. Keeping the superhuman weight limit in-game would actually help resolve this recession.

totaly agree,since it’s not a game breaking,and everyone would like to have additional “Weight”,also would be great to make it a OgreFest Feature

Senior Game Master

I was thinking. If we ever kept and made this into a feature, the best way to do this, in my opinion, is to change the weight limit expansion coupons to how the inventory slot expansion coupons are purchasable unlimitedly from the shop (and also editing the descriptions accordingly). So this would get rid of the unnecessary “create an alt > buy expansion coupon > delete alt > use coupon on main” procedure. :thinking:

Totaly agree…
Since this weight limit does not harm the game in any negative way, mainly by the facts already cited above. This does not grant any unfair advantage, but will also help all players equally, since also all players depend on the farm itself to maintain the movement of the marketplace that eventually ended up having a significant reduction, Due to the introduction of the Cron Stones, that is an extensive expense!

It will be considered in the future as we are currently still in progress of updating most of our engine, this should be coming in some upcoming patches.

The current weight limit removes some of the game challenges.

Right now I am rather conservative with the amount of potions I carry, but if I have several thousands LT for weight limit it kinda of makes things several times easier. Just carry several hundred pots and use them as necessary without any real consequences.

There should be a reasonable weight limit, that allows good farming but stops people from carrying hundreds of pots.

We have maids now, so weight shouldn’t be as much of an issue as it was before.

But maids also have weight limits i think its 100T or 200T per transfer with 20 mins CD.

So i think the old way to get more weight is still create new char and buy weight pearl and transfer that item effect to you main.

@kidopitz27 Problem with that is it effectively creates infinite weight as players can continue to make alts, delete, and purchase when pearls are available.

Whats the problem having that high carrying capacity? It was already a feature now in OF and to get that so called infinite weight either you afk for a really really long time to get those weight or you donate to get more pearls i think the so called weight limit feature should stay.

Not unless OF can make all trash items, Equipment and materials weight 0.01T

Also having that high carrying capacity is beneficial to us lifeskillers i mean i can carry a lot of materials that i gather from mining to chopping trees.

last edited by kidopitz27

No one has unlimited weight… I think some people might be around 10k… Me personally slightly under 4k. The number of pearls i had to put into it wasnt small, It all come to where you want to invest. It probably favors the old players, but isnt that in every game?

I think the highest i saw was 6500T because i think you need 1750 pearls just to buy all the pearl weight for the new character so it’s really time consuming also before the revamp on the pearl prices that 1750 is tripled so even though you earn 50 pearl per hour and 90 pearl on weekend (last year) those prices are still time consuming to get.

I am also a Life Skill player and PvE player. The 6K-10K limit is a way too much. That’s why the game adds transportation.

There should be a more reasonable limit on the amount of pearl LT you can purchase and ofc a refund for those who purchased more.

3K or 4K pearl LT limit should be more than enough (way too much if you ask me)., Or better still increase the natural amount carts can carry by several thousand. It is nice hearing those clacktie clack sounds as they rush around towns.

last edited by BlackOgre

Transportation is not implemented in OF or it’s still broken that means we can’t transport items from a city to another. I saw in patchnotes before that it was activated but they retracted that.

Looks like your connection to OgreFest | Black Desert Online Private Server was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.