Good Day Adventurers of OgreFest!
Today’s maintenance is dedicated to update the client to its latest version from Korea. The focus is to repair game crashes and prepare OgreFest for the upcoming Guild Wars which is going to happen in the patches of the coming days. Future patches/hotfixes will also be posted in this topic as they are being rolled out.
Please refer to the following for the details of the update.
The estimated size of the update is 3 GB.
● Game Client has been updated to version 2100.
● Allowed player name length has been increased from 10 to 16 characters.
● All translations have been updated to the latest versions of their respective game clients.
※ Cash Shop and Challenges translation is temporary unavailable due to some internal changes.
● Fixed a bug which would cause special monsters to be unable to summon other monsters.
※ For example: from the scroll “Valtarra: Training Manual”. ("[Co-op] Proof of Courage" quest)
● Fixed default actor summon direction.
※ For example: Heilang and projectile spawn direction.
● Fixed a bug which would cause some monsters to not apply self-targeted skills properly.
● Implemented accuracy scaling from retail for PvP.
● Implemented damage reduction from retail for PvP.
● Fixed a bug where the guild window would not update its description, notice, and other information if a user was not connected during the change.
● Fixed <Storage Keeper> at Duvencrune.
● Fixed <Stable Manager> at Ahib Conflict Zone.
● Fixed monster re-spawn times at Serendia Shrine.
● Removed dozens of duplicated Guards/Hawkers (around 5.000).
● Implemented all missing NPC’s (hopefully ).
※ Some models and their facing directions will be incorrect, they will be fixed as development continues.
※ There is a chance that some NPC’s, that spawn dynamically and are required for certain quest lines, may still be missing. Please let us know here on the Forums if you find any missing one and we will issue a fix as soon as we are able.
● Weapon enhancement prices have been updated to Korean version.
● Security has been updated once again. If there are any incompatibilities, such as the game failing to launch, please report it on the Forums immediately.
● Fixed a bug which would make the client show TeamA or TeamB when an Arsha match has finished.
● Fixed a possible crash when killing players.
● Fixed a possible network lag when killing other players in a guild for distant players.
● Implemented “forcefully slaughtered” death message when the killed player is in a guild and no war is declared.
● Challenges have been completely disabled for Premium characters.
I believe this, in a way, is related to how gaining regular, “non-graded” (the ones that are not D, C, B, A, and S grade) knowledge currently works. At least it seems to be related.
The kind of knowledge that should proc only once per account, the non-graded knowledge, those proc multiple times while performing the same thing over and over, such as cooking or alchemy. I think this in turn somehow makes XP gain from cooking, alchemy, whatnot, tied to non-graded knowledge proc so you only get XP when the knowledge does proc, which should only happen once on any account and should not be related to XP gain from life professions at all.
As for examples, you can check some of the quests listed here: https://bdocodex.com/us/quests/craft/.
Tick “Quest: Life” under Types and “Production EXP” under Quest Reward.
We appreciate the offer but we will not be using a re-designed official launcher.
If there will be a time when we decide to change the current GUI of our launcher it is going to be designed internally.
We are currently focusing on completing the rewrite of the core, but after that has been dealt with, there is a chance that we will be changing the launcher’s looks as well to complement the rewritten core.