Good Day Adventurers of OgreFest!
Today’s maintenance is dedicated to update the client to its latest version from Korea. The focus is to repair game crashes and prepare OgreFest for the upcoming Guild Wars which is going to happen in the patches of the coming days. Future patches/hotfixes will also be posted in this topic as they are being rolled out.
Please refer to the following for the details of the update.
The estimated size of the update is 3 GB.
● Game Client has been updated to version 2100.
● Allowed player name length has been increased from 10 to 16 characters.
● All translations have been updated to the latest versions of their respective game clients.
※ Cash Shop and Challenges translation is temporary unavailable due to some internal changes.
● Fixed a bug which would cause special monsters to be unable to summon other monsters.
※ For example: from the scroll “Valtarra: Training Manual”. ("[Co-op] Proof of Courage" quest)
● Fixed default actor summon direction.
※ For example: Heilang and projectile spawn direction.
● Fixed a bug which would cause some monsters to not apply self-targeted skills properly.
● Implemented accuracy scaling from retail for PvP.
● Implemented damage reduction from retail for PvP.
● Fixed a bug where the guild window would not update its description, notice, and other information if a user was not connected during the change.
● Fixed <Storage Keeper> at Duvencrune.
● Fixed <Stable Manager> at Ahib Conflict Zone.
● Fixed monster re-spawn times at Serendia Shrine.
● Removed dozens of duplicated Guards/Hawkers (around 5.000).
● Implemented all missing NPC’s (hopefully ).
※ Some models and their facing directions will be incorrect, they will be fixed as development continues.
※ There is a chance that some NPC’s, that spawn dynamically and are required for certain quest lines, may still be missing. Please let us know here on the Forums if you find any missing one and we will issue a fix as soon as we are able.
● Weapon enhancement prices have been updated to Korean version.
● Security has been updated once again. If there are any incompatibilities, such as the game failing to launch, please report it on the Forums immediately.
● Fixed a bug which would make the client show TeamA or TeamB when an Arsha match has finished.
● Fixed a possible crash when killing players.
● Fixed a possible network lag when killing other players in a guild for distant players.
● Implemented “forcefully slaughtered” death message when the killed player is in a guild and no war is declared.
● Challenges have been completely disabled for Premium characters.
I believe this, in a way, is related to how gaining regular, “non-graded” (the ones that are not D, C, B, A, and S grade) knowledge currently works. At least it seems to be related.
The kind of knowledge that should proc only once per account, the non-graded knowledge, those proc multiple times while performing the same thing over and over, such as cooking or alchemy. I think this in turn somehow makes XP gain from cooking, alchemy, whatnot, tied to non-graded knowledge proc so you only get XP when the knowledge does proc, which should only happen once on any account and should not be related to XP gain from life professions at all.
As for examples, you can check some of the quests listed here: https://bdocodex.com/us/quests/craft/.
Tick “Quest: Life” under Types and “Production EXP” under Quest Reward.
We appreciate the offer but we will not be using a re-designed official launcher.
If there will be a time when we decide to change the current GUI of our launcher it is going to be designed internally.
We are currently focusing on completing the rewrite of the core, but after that has been dealt with, there is a chance that we will be changing the launcher’s looks as well to complement the rewritten core.
It is now possible to change one’s preferred language of the game without downloading any language packs.
Follow the instructions below to set your client to your language.
In order to change the language of your game, you need to:
- Navigate to
[BDO Installation Folder]\ads\.
- Open the
lang.datfile with any text editor.
- Change the value (for example EN) after the “Language=” to one of the available country codes from below.
♦ EN ( English );
♦ DE ( German );
♦ FR ( French );
♦ PT ( Portuguese );
♦ RU ( Russian );
♦ TW ( Taiwanese );
♦ KR ( Korean )
● Fixed a bug with item delivery quests which caused them to be impossible to complete.
● Fixed some of the NPC’s that were breaking the UI, causing it to become completely empty and having to reset it.
● Fixed unobtainable knowledges from some monsters / items.
● Fixed a bug which was causing the friends list to not display any names.
● Fixed Lahn’s Kibelius outfit.
● Reverted experimental CC fix for all states except for Knockdown, will be investigated for a more viable fix. Thank you for helping us with this.
● Fixed the missing NPC’s in Battle Arena.
● Fixed a bug that was causing the tutorial to be unfinishable.
※ Characters under level 10 should be deleted if the tutorial still appears to be bugged.
Good Day Community of OgreFest!
Todays maintenance updates the server to the latest version from Korea.
The main focus of this update is to release Drieghan and to update translations. Future patches/hotfixes will also be posted in this topic as they come.
Please refer to the following for the details of the update.
The estimated size of the update is 7 GB.
● The Game Client has been updated to version 2084.
● Updated the Geometry to version 2084.
● Translations have been updated to latest version of the clients.
● Implemented Portuguese translation.
● Implemented support for Korean translations.
● Implemented language selector, so now it is possible to change the preferred language of the client without downloading the language pack by other means.
※ It is required however, to change the line with “Language=” in
lang.dat located in the
ads folder within the root directory of the game. It must be changed from the current value (for example EN) to one of the available values listed below in order for it to work:
Choosable language values:
♦ EN (English);
♦ DE (German);
♦ FR (French);
♦ PT (Portuguese);
♦ RU (Russian);
♦ TW (Taiwanese);
♦ KR (Korean)
● The region of “Drieghan” has been unlocked. ~Go explore a new and brave world!
※ Monsters and their respective item drops, including Valencia content, will be developed over the course of the next few weeks.
● Added translation for “Quest Objective” displayed above related NPC’s of ongoing quests.
● Download speed for users of high speed ISP’s has been improved.
● Fixed target ignore resistance statistics.
● Implemented an experimental change to prevent desynchronization during Crowd Control states.
● Implemented all Drieghan spawns.
● Fixed a bug which would allow players to complete a quest when the time for it has been expired.
● Fixed a bug which would make players unable to complete a guild quest even if the conditions were met.
● Fixed a bug which would occasionally cause some of the guilds to not save some information (such as Guild Emblem).
● Fixed a bug which would cause the server to read Guild Emblems incorrectly.
● Implemented Duvencrune storage.
● Fixed some of the craftable workshop items in Kamasylvia.
● Fixed a bug which would allow players to send workers to a node that was not invested in.
● Implemented the new maid system from KR.
● Fixed a bug which would allow players to be able to gain 100% resistance.
● Updated Pet fusion data. In consequence, some of the pets that would disappear after Exchanging, should not anymore.
※ Furthermore, a rework is also in the works for this system, as there was in KR.
● Fixed a bug which was occasionally causing player characters to teleport to Olvia when the server failed to identify their location in the world.
● Fixed a bug which was causing player characters to teleport much further away than expected or intended when a Revive or an Escape was performed to get back to the nearest Node.
● Improved the anti-cheat protection system to prevent false positives, while also making it more powerful.
※ During the time we are working on and getting closer to releasing Guild Wars, it is imperative we ensure that people with ill intensions using 3rd parties to gain an unfair advantage (cheaters) do not go rampant. The previous version of our anti-cheat allowed us to detect and suspend over 60 accounts which have attempted to perform ill intended actions.
※ On Saturday, a new anti-cheat protection has been rolled out which is far more powerful than its predecessor, and leaves even less ways for cheaters to gain an unfair advantage over other players on our server.
※ The improved anti-cheat system will become fully activated today at the end of the maintenance. If you experience any issues after the fact, such as the game do not start, please let us know immediately on our Discord server.